The Busy Gym Workout | Blogmas Day 21
So with 2016 drawing to a close, everyone seems to be hanging up their gym memberships and heading off home until 2017! But with everybody having the same idea for the New Year i.e. Resolution Season, the gyms that you train at can become slightly over crowed, especially at peak times. Queuing becomes a necessity depending on the size of your gym. But when you’re short on time and can’t queue. So what do you do
My top tip, try a circuit.
Get all the health benefits of your cardio workout with just a step or bench. These 4 exercises will get your heart rate up.
Your going to do 30-40 seconds or each exercise depends on your fitness level. Roll through all 4 exercises before resting for 40-80 seconds and repeat for 4-5 sets.
Exercise One: Mountain climbers
- Hands on your step (the floor to make it harder)
- Have your body in a straight line from shoulders to heals and start to alternate legs bringing the foot off the ground and knees to chest (Imagine its like running on the spot)
- Repeat for the allotted time
Exercise Two: Bunny hops
- Hands on the narrow side of the bench, both feet together on one side.
- Jump the feet together over the bench to the opposite side,
- With minimal contact with the ground; jump the feet back over to the original side.
- Repeat this for the allotted time.
Exercise Three: Lateral step jumps
- Stand up on your bench with one foot in the middle of the step and the other on the floor.
- With a small hop; jump over to the other side of the step switching the foot that is on it.
- With minimal contact to the floor hop back over to your start position and
- Repeat for the allotted time.
Exercise Four: Sumo steps jumps
Direction: (For this exercise you might want to start with the step at its shortest setting or switch for one that is closer to the floor)
- Stand on the step with both feet on the step facing the narrow end.
- Jump off the step and split the feet one foot either side in a wide sumo squat position with your toes pointing slightly out and your knees following your toe angle.
- Sit your butt back into a wide sumo squat.
- On your way back up, jump back up onto the step and repeat.
Give it go and let me know how you get on.
Until next time,