Super Ginger and Chocolate Protein French Toast
So I’m so not much of a cook, but I found this super easy recipe for French toast, which tasted amazing!! Great if you want a quick energy boost, a snack, post workout meal or something just to get rid of those sugar cravings.
So here it is….
· 1 cup/250ml Almond milk
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup or 1 scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein powder (I would’ve used vanilla, but ran out)
· 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger (optional)
· 4 slices of bread (I used gluten-free bread, but you can use any kind)
· 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Whisk together the milk, eggs, protein powder and ginger. Ginger is optional but it tastes great with it!
2. Place the bread in the egg batter and let it soak for a few minutes.
3. In the meantime heat up a non-stick pan with the coconut oil
4. Now pan is sizzling hot – carefully transfer the bread to the pan. The slices will be a little soggy
5. When the bread hits the pan turn the heat to medium so the bread cook all the way through. After 2 minutes flip the bread and cook the other side. It should be cooked through and a nice golden brown colour.
6. Hey presto! French Toast! Top with your favourite topping…maple syrup, jam, stevia, nut butter – whatever tickles your fancy.
For those who love a few numbers, each slice is
129kcal, 4.3g Protein, 12.9g Carbs, 5.6 Fat
(Please note: Macronutrients will differ from brand to brand)
Crack open an ice cold Coco Pro and enjoy. ;-)
Check out the video of me making them on my girlfriend's Youtube channel HearYouROAR.